Buscar bolsas de estudo
Scholars of post-doctoral or professorial level from the historical humanities are invited to apply for the research scholarships by the GHS, independent of nationality or place of work. The funding is granted to candidates wishing to carry out an independent research project alone. Post-doctoral scientists receive a scholarship base amount of EUR 2,000 each month, the grant for scientists with a post-doctoral lecture qualification is worth EUR 2,700. There are additional benefits, such as allowances for accompanying children or, i.e., to cover printing costs, if necessary. Please note that income from employment and scholarship income are mutually exclusive. The funding period ranges from one to 24 months.
scholars of post-doctoral or professorial level from the historical humanities wishing to carry out an independent research project alone. Research projects from the following subjects are given funding priority:
- historical sciences
- historical islamic studies
- history of art
- history of law
- prehistory and early history
- history of science
doctorate or post-doctoral lecture qualification in the field of the historical humanities
Number of Scholarships
About 12.5% of the applicants are awarded scholarships.
maximum of two years with the option to extend the funding, if the scholar becomes a parent during the allowance period and is therefore entitled to maternity and/or parental leave
- scholarship base amount per month: EUR 2,300 for post-doctoral researchers and EUR 3,100 for researchers with a post-doctoral lecture qualification
- standard foreign-residence allowance per month: EUR 575 for post-doctoral researchers and EUR 775 for researchers with a post-doctoral lecture qualification
- travel allowance: as required
- material costs: as required
- family allowance, if applicable: EUR 400 for scholars with one child, EUR 500 for two children or EUR +100 for more children
Income from employment and scholarship income are mutually exclusive.
Application forms and further information on the application procedure are available here
Applications may be submitted at any time.