Buscar bolsas de estudo
Sustainable Water Management: Study Scholarships and Research Grants - Master's Studies in Germany • DAAD
One of the priority funding points to which the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) attaches particular importance in its Framework Programme on "Research for Sustainable Development” (www.fona.de/en) is Sustainable Water Management – NaWaM:
"One of the major challenges of the future is to ensure the supply of clean water to the world population. Population growth, water pollution and the increasing water consumption per capita have a strong impact on water quality. In addition, expansive climate changes and change in land use influence global and regional water cycles and thus question the medium and long-term availability of water." In view of this background, the BMBF specifically promotes research projects to develop, adapt and internationally disseminate technologies and strategies for the sustainable management of the resource "Water". Of particular interest in this context are the thematic fields of Water and Energy, Water and Health, Water and Nutrition, Water and Environment, as well as Water in Urban Areas.
The DAAD Special Programme funded with the resources of the BMBF on "Sustainable Water Management" is focused on the promotion of young scientists from Brazil, Chile, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Namibia, Peru, South Africa and Vietnam.
The programme "Study Scholarships and Research Grants for Foreigners" offers highly-qualified students from the above countries the opportunity to study in selected English-language master degree programmes at German universities in the thematic fields of sustainable water management. Studies are to be carried out in Germany. The objective of the programme is to qualify experts in sustainable water management technology for the respective home countries, to enhance technological cooperation between those countries and Germany.
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Master's Programme Hydro Science and Engineering
Higher Education Institution: Technical University Dresden
Contact Person: Dr. Sabine Hahn-Bernhofer
Water Resources and Environmental Management
Higher Education Institution: Leibniz University Hannover
Contact Person: Eva Starke
Water Resources Engineering and Management
Higher Education Institution: University of Stuttgart
Contact Person: Anne Weiss
(Please note: The State of Baden-Württemberg will charge study fees for non EU-citizens to the amount of 1,500 EURO per semester, starting from fall 2017/18)
Higher Education Institution: University of Duisburg-Essen
Contact Person: Dr. Jolanta Polkowska
Integrated Water Resources Management IWRM
University of Applied Sciences Cologne
Contact Person: Jörn Trappe
Please choose one of these degree programmes that meets your expectations and indicate this programme as well as one alternative programme in your application.
The scholarship includes an obligatory, six-month non-university internship in Germany. Eligible types of companies and organizations are listed in the attachment.
Applicants are obliged to attend an accompanying German course during their studies, preferably a free-of charge course offered by the host institution if available.
Please note: Applications for support for only part of a master programme, e.g. only the second year, or a second Master Degree cannot be accepted.
Duration of the funding
German course: April – September 2018
Host institute: October 2018 – September 2020
Internship: October 2020 – March 2021
- Six-month intensive language course prior to the start of the research stay
- Monthly payments of 750 Euro
- Annual research allowance of 460 Euro
- Flat-rate travel allowance for outward and return journey
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO) (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- Allowance for a self-chosen German language course during the grant period if free-of-charge courses are not offered by the host institution
Please note: Study trips or field work outside of Germany cannot be funded.
The decisive selection criteria for master students are the soundness of the academic and career plans as described in the motivation letter, the achievements during the studies in the home country, the quality of the bachelor's thesis and the English language skills.
Experience abroad and knowledge of other foreign languages can be of significance. Additional documents that prove academic capability or provide information about extracurricular activities will also be considered in the selection process.
What requirements must be met?
- Prior communication between the applicant and the university is required.
- As a rule, applicants should have graduated as a Bachelor no longer than six years before the time of application.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the time of application cannot be considered
- Applicants are generally expected to have a good knowledge of English (TOEFL 80 or IELTS: 6.0)
- If available, German language certificate (TestDaF, Zertifikat Deutsch, Deutsches Sprachdiplom, Sprachkenntnisformular DAAD)
1. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (3 pages max.)
- Letter of Motivation (2 pages max., see attached instruction)
- Summary of the Bachelor's Thesis (2 pages max.)
- Proof of Contact with two of the desired master's programmes
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s) (Bachelor and Master); the certificate must be submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade (transcripts of records), incl. explanation of grading system
- It would be beneficial to nominate a person from your home country as a mentor, preferably with industry contacts, or ideally a mentor of your current or prospective employer
- It would be beneficial if you could identify a contact partner of the German water sector as a mentor and/ or prospective internship provider
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placement, etc.)
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
- Language certificate as described above
- APS Certificate (for Applicants from Mongolia and Vietnam)
2. To be submitted by post:
- One recent reference by a scientist of one’s own choice which provides information about your qualifications; this document must be submitted in a sealed envelope or must be sent directly by the referee to the indicated application location.
Please regard the instructions given on the tab “Submitting an application“.
German Academic Exchange Service
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal (see Item 1) and by post (see Item 2). The postmark date serves as proof that the application has been dispatched on time.
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act insofar as this data is needed to process applications.
Information and advisory centres
German Academic Exchange Service
More detailed information
Para preparar e submeter uma candidatura no DAAD Portal, por favor use um computador (desktop ou laptop), pois nem todas as funcionalidades do portal estão disponíveis em dispositivos móveis (celulares e tablets). Requisitos técnicos
General information on the application via DAAD portal
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD Portal (Read notes about registering in the portal)
2. Request references (if necessary according to the call for proposals, see "Application procedure")
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section "Request reference" after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. In each case, please provide your referee with the application address thus enabling him/her to send the recommendation letter there direct.
Please note that the form for completion by a referee can only be generated during the application period (from about 6 weeks before the application deadline).
Please generate one form for each referee.
3. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except references and any work samples which you might have to submit) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
4. Sending application documents by post
- Submit the required references (in sealed envelopes) to the indicated application address at the DAAD in Bonn
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-888 or via e-mail email@example.com, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm Central European Time (CET).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.
Inscrição indisponíveis no momento. Por favor observe os prazos para submissão de candidatura na seção "Processo de inscrição".