Buscar bolsas de estudo
Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in the Field of Music • DAAD
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
- a Master's degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- a complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course)
Postgraduate studies are possible in the so-called 2nd cycle (usually a four-semester Master's degree) or a 3rd cycle which usually takes place in two semesters (concert examination, masterclass or PhD in an artistic subject).
This programme only funds projects in the artistic field. Other DAAD scholarship programmes are available for applicants from the field of musicology or music education or musicians with a scientific project.
Duration of the funding
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme or study project
- Start: usually from 1st October, or earlier if a language course is taken prior to the study programme
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study programme (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study. Therefore, a corresponding letter of the main subject teacher will be required.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first year of a postgraduate course at the time of application may apply for funding for their second year of study. In this case, it is not possible to extend the scholarship.
- One academic year. In individual cases, the scholarship can be extended on request
- Start: usually on 1st October, or earlier if a language course is taken prior to the study programme
- A monthly payment of 750 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. 500 euros per semester)
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Payment of course fees for the online language course "Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)" (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
What requirements must be met?
- As a rule, applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- The respective college of music is responsible for deciding age limits for admission, whereby differing rules may be applied depending on the applicant's academic level and chosen subject. However, applicants are not usually admitted if they are older than 28 to 30.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- If the scholarship holder is enrolled in a Master's or postgraduate degree programme which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
- The study visit is essential for achievement of the scholarship objective.
- The study period is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.
- The study period does not take place in the home country.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
1. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 - 3 pages)
- If available: Letter of acceptance from the host university
- If you do not have a letter of acceptance at the time of application, you must apply to the university for this in good time and subsequently submit the confirmation letter before the scholarship-supported study programme begins. Please note that you yourself are responsible for ensuring that you apply for admission at the host university by the due date and that a Scholarship Award Letter from the DAAD only becomes valid if you are admitted to your chosen host university.
- If possible, confirmation of supervision from a university teacher
- Confirmation of supervision from a German university teacher
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if studies have not been completed at the time of application.
- Proof of knowledge of the language of instruction (German or English).The language certificate should be no more than two years old.
- Form with an overview of recorded pieces: www.daad.de/extrainfo ("Overview work samples music").
2. To be submitted by post:
- Work samples (for formal requirements, read: "Additional Information for DAAD Study Scholarships in the Field of Music" at: www.daad.de/extrainfo). Please do not upload any work samples to the DAAD portal!
- the printed "Cover sheet to application" of the "Application summary" which is generated in the portal in PDF format after the online application has been completed;
- one recent reference from a university teacher providing information about your qualifications (hand-signed, no digital or scanned signature); please enclose the reference with your postal application in a sealed envelope. Please regard the instructions given on the tab “Submitting an application“.
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal (see Item 1) and by post (see Item 2). The postmark date serves as proof that the application has been dispatched on time.
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Information and advisory centres
Serviço Alemão de Intercâmbio Acadêmico
Rua Professor Alfredo Gomes, 37 Botafogo
22251-080 Rio de Janeiro
Tel.: +55 (21)/2553-3296
Fax.: +55 (21)/2553-9261
DAAD Information Centre São Paulo
Centro Alemão de Ciência e Inovação (DWIH)
Rua Verbo Divino, 1488, bloco D, térreo
Chácara Santo Antonio
Rua Verbo Divino, térreo, Chácara Santo Antônio 1488
04719-904 São Paulo - SP
Tel.: +55 (11)/3061-5331
More detailed information
Para preparar e submeter uma candidatura no DAAD Portal, por favor use um computador (desktop ou laptop), pois nem todas as funcionalidades do portal estão disponíveis em dispositivos móveis (celulares e tablets). Requisitos técnicos
General information on the application via DAAD portal
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Request references (if necessary according to the call for proposals, see "Application procedure")
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section "Request reference" after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. In each case, please provide your referee with the application address thus enabling him/her to send the recommendation letter there direct.
Please note that the form for completion by a referee can only be generated during the application period (from about 6 weeks before the application deadline).
Please generate one form for each referee.
3. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except references and any work samples which you might have to submit) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
4. Sending application documents by post
- Send work samples together with the printed "Cover sheet to application" of the "Application summary" generated online and the reference (in a sealed envelope) by post to the specified application address. Please do not enclose any other documents that have not been uploaded to the portal.
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-888 or via e-mail email@example.com, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (CET).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.
Inscrição indisponíveis no momento. Por favor observe os prazos para submissão de candidatura na seção "Processo de inscrição".