Global Food, Nutrition and Health (M.Sc.)
Your master’s degree for a better world! Be a part of our international master’s programme at the Faculty of Life Sciences: Food, Nutrition and Health and apply now!
The gap in food availability between high-income and low-income countries is widening. While the global hunger index published by Welthungerhilfe, IFPRI and Concern Worldwide indicates alarming levels of hunger in many countries, the prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and young people is rising worldwide. To understand this “double burden of malnutrition”, a comprehensive interdisciplinary perspective is necessary that takes into account the adverse effects of climate change as well as the complex political, social, and cultural dimensions of food, nutrition and health.
The master’s programme in “Global Food, Nutrition and Health” teaches students the interdisciplinary skills that are necessary to develop and implement solutions to these truly global challenges at the intersection of food, nutrition and health.
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration: 2 years of full-time study
- No tuition fees
- Academic requirements: Bachelor degree in nutrition or health sciences, e.g. in (food and) health sciences, nutrition sciences, health economics, nursing/care, psychology, social sciences, politics, medicine or public health. A language certificate GERMAN level A1 (CEFR) can be obtained during the first year of studies.
- Application: online via the application portal CAMPUSonline. Applicants from outside the EU who have obtained their degree abroad have to upload the application documents also via uni-assist and undergo a fee-based special procedure.
Why come to us?
- Internationality: The University of Bayreuth has long-standing partnerships with international universities and offers 13,500 students from all over the world the ideal place to launch their career. Our university hosts students, instructors and researchers from more than 100 different countries.
- Location: The study programme takes place at the Faculty of Life Sciences: Food, Nutrition and Health in Kulmbach (Bavaria). Our faculty will complement and strengthen the already existing food cluster at this location, consisting of recognized research institutes, leading authorities and companies.
- Vision: The faculty perspective is innovative in Germany, trying to find answers to global challenges in the field of life sciences through interdisciplinary teaching and research. Thus, the scientific analysis of the interrelationship between nutrition, movement and health is combined with relevant economic, legal, sociological and behavioural questions.
- 15 June 2023
For more information, see
Come to us and shape the future!